The Ilanot Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The theme of our Spring 2022 edition is:
Submission period: December 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
December 1 - 14, 2022: Free submissions (may close early if Submittable's caps are reached)
December 15, 2022 - January 31, 2023: Paid submissions ($3)*
Translation submissions are free throughout the entire period
We welcome your previously unpublished stories, essays, poetry, graphic art, and genres that have no name. (We consider self-published work and work posted on internet venues, personal websites and social media as previously published.)
- Only one submission per reading period, please! Multiple submissions (including submissions to multiple genres) will be automatically disqualified.
- We will consider simultaneous submissions but ask that you retract your work immediately if it is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- If your work appears in our current or previous issue, we kindly ask that you refrain from submitting to our upcoming issue.
- Please include a short bio (50 -100 words) with your submission.
- We welcome unpublished translations of original work, provided the translator has obtained permission from the author. Please include a copy of the original work.
- We welcome work that challenges conventions of form, style, and content.
- See individual submission categories for specific guidelines.
* The Ilanot Review is a volunteer operation. Submission fees go towards our web hosting fees and Submittable service fees.